Goodyear Welted Construction
Only premium quality leathers and components are used in our Goodyear Welted formal shoes to ensure a top-quality product.
– The upper is uniquely designed to ensure rigid long-lasting construction.
– A Goodyear welt is a strip of leather that is sewn around the bottom edge of a shoe, attached to both the insole and the upper. The welt can then be easily unstitched, which thus detaches the sole without damaging the rest of the shoe, meaning the sole can be replaced time and time again as it is worn down.
-The area in between the insole and outsole is filled with genuine cork which moulds to the contours of your feet. Due to the existence of the midsole area this section helps to dissipate moisture and prevent moisture from entering into the shoe under normal wearing conditions.
The benefits of the Goodyear Welted construction are:-
- It can be resoled on numerous occasions ensuring a longer lifespan of your favourite shoes.
- As you wear the shoes, the cork footbed will mould to your feet, giving you an almost custom fit.
- The ventilation is superior over other shoe constructions due to the cork in the midsole area.
- They are relatively waterproof under normal wearing conditions.